Tuesday 20 April 2010

reaching a little balance

which was much needed.

I have been very busy trying to get ready for homeschooling, and preparing everything for the olders once the baby gets here.  I can feel a shift in my mood recently where I feel like it is time to plan and get ready for the newer...  I think this shift is happening all by itself while I find myself being more and more ready as far as work and projects for DD and DS.

I can certainly feel the nesting effect slowly starting to make it's way in my daily activity.  I have been cleaning, and rearranging, and sorting, and purging...although maybe the arrival of spring has something to do with it...

A quick trip to Ikea really helped to ease the effect for a few days, but really that is it.  I can feel it coming full force again today



I am also feeling strongly drawn back to my first loves as far as creating (although making Montessori material is fun, I still have a deeper love for knitting and sewing...).  I got out the scarf I have been working on for a while, that was *almost* forgotten in my WIP drawer.



And while that, the kids have the time to rediscover their barn and have a few minutes to just let their imagination run wild.



But I can see that toys is not their thing.  They like the real world, learning about everything, touching everything, making art projects.  Untoys are still much more interesting to them, and have always been. And I don't have to look very far to find them some material.  They find it by themselves, and create whatever they want to with it.

They have a sweet spot for this farm, but I think they do because they have been on a farm a couple of time, able to help, touch, see, and this is what makes it interesting.  In fact, DS was commenting this morning that there are no farm persons to go with the farm...  Good things his b-day is comming.



Unfortunatly though, the end of semester is almost here.  And I can see that the next few weeks will be really crazy with corrections mostly.  So this pause in time before the end rush is a necessary balance, and I plan to enjoy it as much as I can until I no longer can...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! We have a 15 month old and we are currently introducing more Montessori into our home. I briefly looked at Waldorf and was uncertain on what the differences are between the two methods. Thank you for the resources and information in this post. We are now more clear on what we would like to include from Waldorf in our home. I also really love your "rhythm" photograph. Do you have a post that discusses what is included on your daily rhythm sheets. I would love to see what you have on them. Many thanks!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete