Friday 18 June 2010

Imagination

I had a chance to go thrifting last week. And although the thrifting fairies were definetly not with me that day, I still managed to find a few books for Pea and Peanut. One of them was Rumplestiltskin, a fairy tale that *gasp* I didn't even know about!

Once arriving from the thrift store, they both saw that small pile of book I had brought home, and Pea immidiatly asked me to read this particular story. I even read it twice, he was really interested in this story.

A few days later, we were all sitting in the living room, and Pea got the interlocking blocks out. He asked me to help him build a house, and he really looked like he had an idea of what he wanted to do, but didn't know how to do it. He asked me to do a circle with the block, but with only one row of blocks. And then he proceeded to add some blocks in the middle. I had no clue where he was going with that, until he told me, "I am done" and he got up, went to the book shelve, got Rumplestiltskin out, and turned to the last page.



the image he had in his head and was trying to make real was the one that really had struck him the most in the story. The fact that Rumplestiltskin had broken the floor by being mad, and falling in the hole he made for himself.

They always find a way to amaze me. But never the way I would have thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment