Tuesday 22 June 2010

Celebrations

We have been in a celebrating mode since the weekend. First, my nephew's christening, and today was DD's bday :)

It was a beautiful day full of activities and new and old traditions.

The new ones



Her crown that I managed to finish last night while listening to a Waldorf expo workshop!



She loved the crown, and waking up to this table. I loved how it unfolded the day, and for sure this will be carried on to the following years!

The old traditions...family times



She wanted to go pick strawberries!









And then some quiet snuggle time



And a time to remember that she is still so little



But yet growing up...



And what better way to celebrate then with chocolate cake...and freshly picked strawberries :)



as well as new slippers



We ended up the day with the story of the Princess and the pea. She was so tired that she almost fell asleep while I was reading.

I love how this day was a celebration, and yet at the same time a family time, and a peaceful time. I felt like this day was breathing in and out, following a pattern...moving, and slowing down. Nothing like the big birthday parties with favors and gift giving and overwhelming activities...and you know, I didn't miss it a second. And frankly, I don't think DD missed it either ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Quiet family celebrations are the most special ones, if you ask me. And I have the strong feeling that our children love them the most too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! happy birthday little one!

    ReplyDelete